Facebook Offers 12 Ways Nonprofits Can Engage Supporters
Nonprofits looking to further enhance their ability to promote and advance their organizations should check out a dozen tools, tips, and techniques available at no charge from Facebook that will enable them to engage with current and prospective donors.
Nonprofits on Facebook
offers the following:
- Call-to-action buttons This helps drive people to take actions important to your nonprofit like subscribing or donating.
- Fundraisers In 2016, Facebook launched Fundraisers, a powerful tool that enables people to engage their communities and raise money for the causes they care about.
- Use video to thank donors Facebook suggests enhancing thank-you messages with a video, which allows supporters to visualize your organizations impact by engaging them more fully.
- Optimize content This includes using Facebook to celebrate achievements and milestones, posting engaging behind-the-scenes photos, and showcasing where your organizations fundraising dollars go.
- Facebook Live Introduced in May 2016, this immersive format enables field reporting, Q&A hosting, mini-telethons, and more.
- Support followers It's all about strengthening relationships, which can include regular postings, inviting conversations, personalizing posts, or keeping a calendar.
- Use Blueprint This global training and certification program, while primarily geared to the business community, supports online learning and live events, which nonprofits can use to grow.
- Workplace Workplace by Facebook is free for nonprofits and uses familiar features like News Feed, Groups, and Messages to foster greater collaboration and productivity.
- Employ targeted ads Nonprofits are adding targeted advertising to their overall marketing mix. They choose their objective and the audience, and Facebook delivers ads in a way to optimize results, for as low as $5 dollars!
- Communicate via Messenger Messenger allows nonprofits to reach people instantly, expressively, and face-to-face, and can support group calling.
- Use Facebook Events This is a convenient way to organize supporters around specific activities. It lets you quickly create a public or private event and reach the people you care about in one place.
- Try Facebook Groups This function lets you create specific communities of people who interact directly with each other. You can use Groups to share exclusive updates, photos or events, and collaborate.