Cape Cod Foundation Awards $79K to 26 Falmouth Nonprofits
April 10, 2017 The Cape Cod Foundation, based in Yarmouthport, recently announced that it awarded $79,545 in grants to 26 local organizations that work in collaboration with others, think innovatively in their solutions, and work strategically to enhance the quality of life in Falmouth.
The diversity and breadth of the work of this years Falmouth Fund grantees is truly inspiring, said Kristin OMalley, president and CEO of The Cape Cod Foundation
. We are honored to partner with The Falmouth Fund to support such impactful work in the community and congratulate all of this years recipients.
This years awards fell into two categories: Strategic Focus Grantees and General Grantees.
Strategic Focus Grantees:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod & The Islands: $5,000 to support expansion of outreach and services to children in Falmouth
- Calmer Choice: $5,000 to support expansion of services to students in grades K-2 in Falmouth Public Schools
- Salt Pond Areas Bird Sanctuaries: $5,000 to support Wetland Delineation design for permitting purposes in regards to the larger management plan for the Knob property
- Alzheimers Family Caregiver Support Center: $3,000 to support free, bi-mothly support groups for care givers in Falmouth
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod: $2,838 to support Coonamessett River Greenway Video which will photo-document the restoration process for the river
- Audible Local Ledger: $1,000 to support Connect Falmouth by funding the yearly cost of the radio reading service provided free for the blind, visually impaired, and print disabled seniors residing in Falmouth.
- Boys & Girls Club of Cape Cod: $4,000 to support the cost of serving over 180 Falmouth children who attend the Boys & Girls Club annually, including providing summer camp scholarships and membership discounts
- Buzzards Bay Coalition: $2,565 to support the Get Outside and Learn (GOAL) program to connect fourth grade students to their local environment
- Cape Conservatory: $2,000 to support the Access2Arts Scholarship Program which provides full and partial scholarships to school children and allows students to benefit from an arts education that they would otherwise not be able to afford
- College Light Opera Company: $3,500 to support the first stage of a larger program: The Chapoquoit Campus Beautification Project for the restoration and improvement of the grounds of the College Light Opera Company's historic campus located in the heart of West Falmouth
- Falmouth Band Parents: $1,892 to support the purchase of equipment, including microphones and keyboard benches, for the Music Technology classes at Lawrence School and Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Chamber Players Orchestra: $1,000 to support the sponsorship of a piano solist for a concert in 2017
- Falmouth Chorale: $2,250 to support a series of four free concerts called the Alzheimer's Stories Project
- Falmouth Historical Society: $2,500 to support a collaborative of the The Falmouth Historical Society, the Falmouth Art Center, the Cape Conservatory, Salt Pond Areas Bird Sanctuaries, Falmouth Public Schools and the National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Association to do a week-long collaborative project for students ages 9-12 entitled "Inspired by Nature
- Falmouth Historical Society: $2,000 to support archival-quality exhibit cases that can be used to create a semi-permanent Timeline History of Falmouth exhibition in the newly-renovated and restored 1730 Conant House
- Falmouth Public Schools: $5,000 to support continuation of the Calmer Choice Program to 5th grade students at Morse Pond School
- Falmouth Service Center: $4,500 to support FSC Strategic Planning Pantry Redesign
- Falmouth STEM Boosters: $1,000 to support Falmouth Public School Bus Funds for Local STEM-related Field Trips
- Falmouth Theatre Guild: $3,818 to support Highfield Theater Stage Curtains
- Falmouth Volunteers in Public Schools: $2,500 to support Phase II of VIPS self-assessment: Board retreat and Strategic Planning
- FHS Clippers Sailing Team Boosters Club, Inc.: $2,000 to support Sailing Team Equipment
- Gosnold on Cape Cod: $5,000 to support a school-based counselor at Mullen Hall Elementary School
- Housing Assistance Corporation: $4,000 to support the Falmouth Big Fix a day of service aimed at making small home improvements for income-eligible veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners
- Mass Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary & the Sanctuaries of the Mid and Upper Cape: $2,183 to support Teaching with Living Labs A Professional Development Workshop for Teachers
- The Woods Hole Film Festival: $2,000 to support Bringing Science to the Screen/Film Falmouth/Community Screenings
- WE CAN: $4,000 to support WE CAN programming on the Upper Cape, including 1:1 Legal Consults, Financial Empowerment Sessions, Work Support and the PathMakers Mentoring Program, in collaboration with Falmouth Service Center