Nonprofits in Eastern, Central Massachusetts Granted $330K
August 1, 2017 The Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation announced that it recently awarded a total of $330,079 to help 22 nonprofit organizations based in eastern and central Massachusetts provide educational opportunities, support basic human needs, and enhance organizational capacity.
With tireless commitment and dedication our grant recipients affect change and help the people living in our communities, said Dana Neshe, president of the foundation. They inspire us to be better citizens and remind us that helping those in need is a fundamental duty we all share. Again, we are humbled and honored to support the efforts of our grant recipients.
The grants were the foundation's first cycle of awards to be made in 2017.
Following are the organizations that received an average of $15,000:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Central MA / MetroWest, Worcester
- Boston Area Gleaners, Waltham
- Circle of Hope, Needham
- Cooperative Elder Services, Lexington
- Daniel J. McCarthy Memorial Fund, Acton
- Gaining Ground, Concord
- Habitat for Humanity North Central Mass, Acton
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell, Westford
- Healthcare Without Walls, Wellesley
- Household Goods, Inc., Acton
- Jeff's Place Childrens Bereavement Center, Inc., Framingham
- The Learning Center for the Deaf, Framingham
- Lovelane Special Needs Horseback Riding Program, Lincoln
- MetroWest Legal Services, Framingham
- MetroWest Mediation Services, Framingham
- Natick Service Council, Natick
- The Nature Connection, Concord
- RCS Learning Center, Natick
- Science from Scientists, Bedford
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Framingham
- SPARK Kindness, Natick
- Waltham Boys & Girls Club, Waltham
Five organizations are first-time foundation grant recipients: Boston Area Gleaners, Circle of Hope, Daniel J. McCarthy Memorial Fund, Science from Scientists, and SPARK Kindness.