Boston Foundation Gives $235K to 29 Local Organizations
August 14, 2014 The Boston Foundation recently announced that it has granted $235,000 to 29 organizations that provide summer programs in parks and open spaces across the city of Boston.
The funding was made available, for the fifth year, through My Summer in the City, an initiative developed and coordinated by The Boston Foundation and funded in conjunction with the Barr Foundation, an anonymous corporate donor, and several individual donors.
Boston is fortunate to have dozens of high-quality organizations providing valuable learning and youth recreation programs in neighborhoods across the city every year, said Paul S. Grogan, foundation president and CEO. We are pleased once again to be able to provide support for so many groups that are working to make summer a safer, more enjoyable season for families and children while creating valuable job opportunities and work experience for young people who would otherwise be shut out of the summer workforce.
Receiving the grants were the following:
In addition, the foundation said it is providing $100,000 to support the Summer Learning of the Project Boston Opportunity Agenda, a public-private partnership; $50,000 to the Summer Fund, a donor collaborative managed by Associated Grant Makers to ensure that at-risk and economically disadvantaged children in Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, and Somerville have access to quality summer camps and programs; $50,000 to Camp Harborview, an initiative of the nonprofit Camp Harbor View Foundation in partnership with the City of Boston and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston.
- Archdale Community Center Council, Inc.
- The BASE
- Black Ministerial Alliance
- Boston Centers for Youth & Families
- Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Boston Housing Authority
- Caribbean Youth Club, Inc.
- Catholic Charities
- Charlestown Against Drugs
- Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Hawthorne Youth and Community Center, Inc.
- Holland Community Center Council
- Hyde Square Task Force, Inc.
- Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
- Madison Park Development Corporation
- Medicine Wheel Productions, Inc.
- North End Against Drugs, Inc
- Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
- ROC Teen Saturday
- Sociedad Latina, Inc.
- Sportsmen's Tennis & Enrichment Center
- Sustainability Guild International
- The Institute for Pan African Cultural Education Inc.
- United Somali Youth, Inc.
- West End House Boys & Girls Club
- YMCA of Greater Boston
- Youth in Crisis Ministry, Inc.